Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!

Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!
Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!

Monday, February 14, 2011

House Hunting...Internationally

Today, Valentine's Day 2011, my parents found the house of their dreams. Cupid must have struck them with an arrow when they saw this place because we're talking head-over-heals in love. Mommy won't shut up about all the decorating possibilities. The house is located in Ekkamai. It's just a short walk to the BTS (some sort of elevated car that floats up high above the city), and close to all the action. It's one of four houses located in a gated community with a shared pool. It has a built-in electronic security system, and also a 24-hour security guard stationed at the entrance. This way, mommy and I will feel safe when daddy has to leave on trips. It's four stories high with balconies on each floor, and it even has an amazing view of the city. Throughout the entire house are the most stunning teak hardwood floors. They make it a bit hard for me to get traction, but really help keep the place cool. It feels like a relaxing vacation beach house, and it's going to be a wonderful place to call home. Not to mention it's absolutely huge! We'll have plenty of room for all of our guests. Can't wait for everyone to come visit! If everything goes as planned, we'll be moving into our home on March 1st. I'm really looking forward to not living out of a suitcase anymore. The hotel bed is nice, but it'll even be nicer to rest my head on my very own cedar-chip dog bed. 

Despite the face, mommy really didn't like this house!
My parents looked at several other places and debated living in a house, condominium, and apartment. I was blamed as the reason for not being able to live in a condo. Apparently most condos and apartments don't allow dogs, and mommy and daddy thought it would be a big pain in the butt to leash me up and take me down twenty flights in an elevator just to go to the bathroom. The possibility of me slipping through the railing and swan-diving off of our balcony on the twentieth floor also didn't settle well with them. Mommy was a little bummed that condos were out of the picture since they looked at some really nice places with spectacular views. One of the condos even had a bowling alley located on the top floor! Sorry to burst your bubble mommy, but you suck at bowling. When you need bumpers, it's safe to say you're pretty much a disgrace to the sport.


View from our 4th floor balcony!!!

Our house's shrine!

Before finalizing our housing arrangements, mommy and daddy scoped out the neighborhood just to be sure. I was left at home, of course, while they headed out for the evening to check out our soon-to-be neighborhood. First they enjoyed dinner at a casual Thai restaurant. The restaurant was huge...an open-air layout packed with locals. They gorged themselves on four traditional Thai dishes, two bowls of rice, and a pitcher of beer--all for less than seventeen dollars. Following dinner they stopped at a bar for a couple drinks. The bar is apparently only 50 meters from our future home…this could be dangerous! Once they'd consumed enough Thai rum to sedate a baby elephant, they called it quits and made the short walk to the BTS. When they got home, they reeked of Chang beer and chili peppers. Mommy must have gotten the drunken munchies because they also hit up a 7-eleven for a few late night snacks. 






With today being Valentine's Day, an internationally recognized day of love, I am dearly missing my girlfriends back home. I wish I could be there to snuggle by their sides. Perhaps we would share a bowl of spaghetti and enjoy a good bottle of Napa Cab. To top things off, finish the night with some juicy, chocolate covered strawberries. If we threw in some whipped cream, things could really get crazy. That for sure is a recipe for a creamy Valenteeny Weenie. My heart aches for those two adorable labradors, but how much longer can I hold on? Let's be realistic, the chances of our long distance relationship really working are slim to none. No offense to Millie, but she has the attention span of a two-year old and the memory of a gold fish. She's probably already forgotten I even existed, especially if someone mentions bacon or brings out a tennis ball. Is it too soon to move on? I heard mommy and daddy mention two beautiful collies live next door to us at our new home. Please, Buddha, let one of them be female. I love larger ladies. There's more to love, and I'm in desperate need of some puppy loving. I guess I'm technically single…single and ready to mingle :) So lets just say...what happens in Bangkok, stays in Bangkok. 

If only I had some hot bitches to share these with...

No comments:

Post a Comment