Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!

Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!
Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!

Monday, March 7, 2011

My New Backyard

After nearly eight months of living in perpetual transition, I can now officially say we are FINALLY moved in to our new home in Bangkok! I'm sure glad the moving part is over because it definitely was a pain in the butt! I barely had to lift a paw, but I certainly felt everyone else’s pain. As you can imagine, moving anywhere is stressful, but moving to a foreign country where English isn't the primary language made things even more difficult.



Too hot to move!
Early in the morning on March 1st, 2011 the Asian Tigers moving crew arrived at our home. With daddy waiting impatiently they broke the seal on our 20’ container, uncovering a plethora of household goods that had made the 11,816 nautical mile journey [hopefully] unscathed. Barefoot and all, the team hauled box after box up and down the four stories of our house. With no air conditioning on yet, and the hot Bangkok sun beating in through the windows, things really turned into a scorching, sweaty mess. 4 hours of moving later everything was in our house, and the Tigers then began helping open boxes and unpacking as many items as possible. Since no one really knew where to put anything, the majority of our stuff ended up getting piled on counters and the kitchen table. It was all quite nauseating to look at. Being an eco-friendly, “green weenie”, I sure hope the moving crew recycles all of the packing material involved!



Grrrrr baby, very grrrrr!
After the Asian Tigers departed, mommy and daddy looked at the massive load that had just been dropped in the house (for once it wasn’t me, I swear!), opened a beer, and said, “Now what?” I watched as they tried to make sense of the clutter and random boxes in an attempt to get organized. Since half of our belongings were picked up in July when we moved out of our condo, and the other half was picked up in January from my Aunt and Uncle's house, the pack job was a bit random to say the least. Mommy opened up an oh-so-fun box in the living room that contained a power cord, a genuine Louisville slugger, a basket full of candles, and some of daddy's old hole-ridden socks. Items that needed to go on the first floor ended up on the fourth floor, and vice versa. Mommy and daddy have been getting their fair share of exercise moving boxes up and down the stairs. I'm really starting to see some nice definition in mommy's calves, and daddy's butt is looking tighter and more toned than ever! If he could only do something about the beer belly. You'd probably think I'm tired from climbing up all the stairs, but thankfully they won't let me since apparently I'm prone to back problems. I get toted up and down four flights whenever I want a change of scenery...talk about a pampered pooch.

REALLY!?!


As far as the neighborhood is concerned, I couldn’t be happier. So many doggies for me to play with! There's a miniature schnauzer named Barbie that lives next door. She sure does bark at me a lot through the windows, but I think she'll be a lot of fun to play with. Things have been so crazy lately I haven't had a chance to officially meet the collies yet. I was able to sneak a few peaks at them through the fence... talk about drop dead gorgeous!!! I've never seen such incredible, flowing hair. Mommy and daddy met the parents of a little girl doxie, Mini, who lives just one soi away from me. Mommy is working on setting up a play date for us. I’ll be honest….I don't really need help getting dates, but I'll gladly let her do the work for this one. She sounds like a cutie, so I want this to go well.

In addition to all my doggy friends, I have lots of new critters in my backyard to play with. I've had some close encounters with a couple of toads. And when I say a couple, I actually mean A LOT! All I want to do is say hi and maybe give them a little lick, but whenever I get close they always hop away. Mommy and daddy yell at me when they see me trying to touch the toads because some are poisonous here in Thailand. We haven't figured out yet if these warty fellows are or not, but I’ll still give it a try! I've also chased a few geckos around, but they always zoom up the walls so quick I can never catch them. The other night while I was going potty I caught a nasty-ass spider staring at me. No joke, he was probably bigger than the my head. Or at least the circumference of my belly if I suck in. He just sat there staring at me with his big beady eyes as I drained it on a palm tree. Doesn't he know you aren't supposed to talk or look at another guy while using the pisser?!

What are you looking at???
Froggy Style!

When it’s all said and done, things are really going great in our new house. We experienced our first extreme electrical storm our second night in the house. I didn't mind the lightning too much, but the thunder was pretty scary. Especially when the bolts strike a couple blocks away and shake the whole house! It even knocked over the new vase that mommy got at J.J. Market. Unfortunately daddy didn't have too much time to get settled in before leaving on his second business trip. He left yesterday for Okinawa, Japan, and mommy is meeting him in Hong Kong on the way back on Friday. A couple days ago we visited a pet hotel down the street from us, which means I'll probably be checking in there soon :( It's no Sheraton, but hopefully they at least have room service or a fully stocked mini-bar. 

Bolts over Bangkok!


2 comments:

  1. wow, lord have mercy!! something else. What an experience, i can't believe it. "Natalie, you are a great writer", said the unemployed, disabled veteran English major. Ha this is a great show. Thanks so much for these updates. Your place looks cool; man, four stories. It is pretty hot, huh? I had a friend that was over there a year ago and he said the heat was intense. He said to watch out for your backpacks-monkey's steal 'em, in certain places of course. Great job. Oh, and i have a genetic beer belly designed to accumulate fat from calories of maintenance alcohol addiction too. I swim, bike , and run this summer to try and get some off......huh.:__}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys settled in. Those are some amazing pics of the Bangkok storm and dude, who invited that frickin massive spider to the party? Oh and Stew, I hope you never have to use that bat on someone or should I say, Nat, I hope you never have to use that bat on Ryan!

    ReplyDelete