Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!

Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!
Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hua Hin Road Trip


Ahhhhhhh. Boy am I feelin’ FRESH!!! I just woke up from a nice, long doggy nap. Well, actually it was more like a dog coma. I’ve honestly been asleep the majority of the past forty-eight hours. At least I have a good excuse for my lazy, narcoleptic behavior. It’s called...beach life. For humans a day at the beach is typically a relaxing experience. For us pooches though, (especially pups with short legs like myself) it’s absolutely EXHAUSTING!!! Don’t get me wrong, I loved every single minute of it. But my twenty-four (dog) year old body just can’t hang like it used to. Four days of long walks on golden sand beaches, swimming in the warm Gulf of Thailand, and digging for crabs in the sand made me one tired wiener!!!

Can you dig it!?!

This past weekend, my parents and I packed up and took a road trip down to the sleepy fishing town of Hua Hin, Thailand. Since typically I get left behind, I was completely thrilled to be able to tag along. It was so nice to get out of busy Bangkok and the concrete jungle and enjoy some fresh ocean air for a couple days. The stop and go traffic leaving Bangkok made me a bit car sick, but once we were out of town it was smooth sailing!!

Momma's boy!!! 
Daddy's Boy! What can I say, I swing both ways! 
Hairy nuts on the beach. You're lucky I shared this picture, and not some of the other nuts. 


Slipping the camera some tongue!

The weather was a little stormy on Saturday, so we spent most of the day cruising around scoping out different beaches. In search of the perfect, secluded beach daddy took the rental car off road and did a bit of rally driving (don’t tell Avis!!!). It was absolutely worth it! We found a beautiful, quiet beach with no farangs (foreigners) and just a few Thai fishermen.



Go fish!

We were lucky to have some decent weather the rest of the weekend, so we spent an entire day posted up at our favorite, deserted beach spot. If you're lucky I'll share the GPS coordinates! It was an amazing day that I’ll never forget. My favorite part of course was the hot grilled meats daddy cooked up on our flowerpot bbq. Have you ever tasted hot, sizzling shrimp fresh off a flowerpot??? I have!!! Trust me on this, I’m pretty sure the flowerpot thing is going to catch on soon in the States. No more shrimps on the barbie! Before you know it, people will be throwing shrimps on the f-pot!!

Daddy getting his grill on! 

Me chartering a boat this weekend. No biggie!
I sure could get used to beach life, but until my next adventure, I’m more than happy to be back home in Bangkok.  Life is good.

What are you looking at??

No comments:

Post a Comment